sdl11-config / sdl-config

Hans Lambermont hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Tue Aug 12 14:33:13 PDT 2003

Edwin Groothuis wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 09:25:53PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 01:45:08PM +1000, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> > > This works for all the ports I did (if I remember correctly):
> > >     CONFIGURE_ENV=  SDL_CONFIG="${SDL_CONFIG}" ...
> > See also USE_SDL.
>
> See also ports/55494: [patch] ports/Mk/bsd.sdl.mk

That won't help me. I'm not talking about one of the ports, but of more
generic software. For SDL in Blender we use things like :

    sdl-config --prefix
    sdl-config --libs
    sdl-config --cflags

for all target platforms (around 10), except this doesn't work on
FreeBSD because of the version number in the name ... hence my symlink
proposal; it leaves sdl11-config as is for all ports to use, and still
offers non-ports software a reasonable default. If both sdl11 and say
sdl12 were installed I don't even care to which one it would point, if I
did I would be using sdl11-config. Ok, enough. what do you think now ?

regards,
   Hans
--
http://lambermont.webhop.org/   () ascii ribbon campaign - against HTML mail,