Using rc.subr for port scripts (PR 54116, and PR 54352)

Scot W. Hetzel hetzels at westbend.net
Wed Aug 6 19:11:07 PDT 2003

Could a portmgr have a look PR 54116?

This port makes it possible to run RC_NG style port start up scripts on
non-RC_NG systems (FreeBSD < 5.0).

As the maintainer of the security/cyrus-sasl port, I have included a patch
which converts the cyrus-sasl port to use RC_NG style start up script (as an
example).  Please commit this patch after the rc_subr port has been added to
the ports tree.

I have also submitted PR 54352, which converts several related ports start
up scripts to RC_NG style.

Also, the following PR's can be closed.

    PR 44800    RC_NG for local rc scripts
    PR 43667    mail/cyrus_imapd
    PR 43668    mail/cyrus_imapd2
    PR 43669    databases/mysql323-{server,client}
    PR 43670    net/openldap
    PR 43671    net/openldap2
    PR 43672    security/cyrus-sasl
    PR 43673    security/cyrus-sasl2

They dealt with this problem by combining RC_OLD and RC_NG into one start up
script.  The way I dealt with this problem in PR 54116 is much cleaner.

Scot