gnomepilot and evolution

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Mon Apr 21 17:34:54 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 20:16, E. J. Cerejo wrote:
> Trying to install evolution I get the following error:
>
> ===>   gnomepilot-conduits-0.9 depends on shared library: gpilotd.1 -
> not found
> ===>    Verifying install for gpilotd.1 in /usr/ports/palm/gnomepilot
> ===>  gnomepilot-0.1.71 is marked as broken: gnomepilot wants to use the
> GNOME 1 desktop, but you wish to use the GNOME 2 desktop..
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/palm/gnomepilot.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/palm/gnomepilot-conduits.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/mail/evolution.
> ** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
> /tmp/portinstall23850.0 make
> ** Fix the problem and try again.
> ** The following packages were not installed or upgraded (*:skipped /
> !:failed)
>          ! mail/evolution        (unknown build error)
>
> Does this mean it's impossible to install in gnome2 because gnomepilote
> needs gnome 1?

You cannot use gnomepilot with Evolution under the GNOME 2 desktop.
However, you can build Evolution with -DWITHOUT_PILOT, and Evo will work
just fine under the GNOME 2 desktop.  The next version of Evo, which
should be out soon, is a GNOME 2 native app, and supports the new GNOME
2 version of gpilot.

Joe