x11-toolkits/xview

Serge Gagnon gagnon__s at videotron.ca
Mon Apr 28 02:16:58 PDT 2003

Hello,
I was working on this ports because it is broken on -current.
However, I don't have a 5.0 installed here and I'm not about to install
it.

So, I'm unable to finish this work and I lost some interest to this
toolkit.

This modification allow the xview to build/link/install without any
problem, but when you try to link something against this lib, you get
an error
/usr/X11R6/lib/libxview.so: undefined reference to `howmany'

probably the 'howmany' that is defined in the sys/types.h , think.

If you want to finish it, here is my works
ftp://quenix.dyndns.org/freebsd/xview.tar.bz2

If you continue this work, you'll have to modify xview-clients
PR ports/51076 and add something in the Makefile or download this

ftp://quenix.dyndns.org/freebsd/xview-clients.tar.bz2

That's all

--
Serge Gagnon
Quebec, Qc, Canada