Building ports in a chrooted tree

"." at babolo.ru "." at babolo.ru
Thu Apr 24 02:24:21 PDT 2003

> On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 03:47:37 +0400 (MSD)
> . at babolo.ru wrote:

> > > If I use nullfs it is possible to influence the build in the chroot by
> > > modifying /usr/ports. My goal was to be able to just start a
> > > chroot-build and forget about it, including being able to build any port
> > I too, so I use read only mounts
> > of /usr/ports
>
> Build a port in the chroot, at the same time build the same port in
> /usr/ports. This is the problem I don't want to have.
Yes.
I use one /usr/ports for tens of hosts and
hundreds jail.
Just let not write to /usr/ports anything
when build ports and you have no interaction.
cat /etc/make.conf
..
PACKAGES=${TMPDIR}
WRKDIRPREFIX=${TMPDIR}
MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX?=${TMPDIR}
..
where TMPDIR is out of /usr/ports (and /usr/src)
And mount /usr/ports read only in jails
(and most hosts)