FreeBSD Port: subversion-0.20.1_1

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at attbi.com
Tue Apr 22 08:35:01 PDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 04:48:29PM -0400, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for maintaining the subversion port on freebsd.  I'm writing about 0.21
> but couldn't find that on the freebsd.org website.

subversion 0.21 was just committed to the FreeBSD ports tree.  Update
your ports tree, and rebuild subversion.

> Is there a way to get the subversion port to build mod_dav_svn?  I suspect if I

It isn't integrated into the port's Makefile, but if you:

(1) Make sure that the apache2 port is installed.
(2) Edit /usr/ports/devel/subversion/Makefile, and add:
    to the CONFIGURE_ARGS variable: --with-apxs=/usr/local/sbin/apxs
(3) Rebuild everything.

> I don't mind installing from tarball but was testing out the ports and
> subversion.  Also, I'm a newbie when it comes to ports, but how were you able
> to build subversion when it requires libtool 1.4 and the ports tree only has
> 1.3.4?

I don't know, it "just worked" for me.

--
Craig Rodrigues