the future of xemacs21

Gary Jennejohn garyj at jennejohn.org
Tue Apr 22 01:51:02 PDT 2003

Hello Porters,

xemacs-devel was just repo copied to xemacs to track the stable branch
of Xemacs.

The question now is, what do we do with xemacs21? xemacs-21.1.14,
which is what's in xemacs21, is now considered historical. But
there are so many other ports which depend on xemacs21 that it may
well be a good idea to keep xemacs21 around and create new ports
to track xemacs.

So I'd like to get a consensus. Do we delete xemacs21 after all the
ports which depend on it are updated to depend on xemacs? Or do we
want to keep xemacs21 and add new ports to depend on the new xemacs?

Another thing. Who is allowd to modify Mk/bsd.emacs.mk to reflect the
creation od editors/xemacs?

--------
Gary Jennejohn / garyj at jennejohn.org gj at freebsd.org gj at denx.de