use_gnomeng

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 20 14:15:09 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-20 at 17:06, Doug Barton wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>
> > >   How about a port that just uses gtk12?
> >
> > USE_GNOME=	gtk12
>
> I'm going to keep bringing this up, since it keeps not getting addressed.
> Ports that ONLY want gtk should not need USE_GNOME. The USE_GTK knob
> should be preserved ad infinitum.

I did address this.  There are two stable versions of Gtk+ now, and
USE_GTK doesn't scale to handle this.  The new method works, it's
well-documented (more documentation pending), and it's transparent to
the end user.  Last time you said your concern was with the WITH_GTK
option, I believe.  While the WITH_* macros aren't used by bsd.gnome.mk
anymore, they are certainly available for the porter to use in their
port.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus at FreeBSD.org