'gv' pretty well useless under KDE

Mike O'Brien obrien at rushe.aero.org
Mon Apr 14 11:24:07 PDT 2003

> Can you do 'gv <filename>' from the Konsole where
> filename is the temporary file name in .kde or /tmp? Any error messages?

	I tried this, and that's how I found out that it was the
existence of the punctuation in the path that was at fault.  No,
I can't invoke 'gv' from my home directory on a temp file under
.kde.  However, if I cd into .kde and do it from there, it works
fine.  Similarly, I can't invoke it manually on a temp file behind
the subdirectory with "-" in the name, but if I cd into that
subdirectory, it works fine.  I should really make a symlink
to the file with no punctuation in it and try that.

	I'm not at my KDE system right now but I'll post the
message when I get back to the office.  It's the usual impenetrable
glop of stuff issued by GhostScript.

Mike O'Brien