Netatalk

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Mon Apr 14 08:45:19 PDT 2003

Am Montag, 14.04.03, um 15:46 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb John Hoder:

> i'm running freebsd 4.7 at home and have been nothing but delighted
> by its performance.  i noticed some posts you had written about
> netatalk for fbsd, patches, etc.  i have no experience with cvs.  i
> was wondering if you could point me to the appropriate programs i
> need to run netatalk and network my macs.
>
> fyi, i loaded a generic unix version of netatalk and i did:
>
> 1.  configure my kernel to include "options NETATALK"
> 2.  checked for dependencies (installed db3)
> 3.  tried pointing the ./configure script at the berkeley db but I
> still get..
>
> "berkeley db cannot be found" error message.

Good to hear you like it, but it's been quite some time since I was
involved in netatalk in any way...

Are you trying to build netatalk manually? The ports builds just fine
for me.

If you have a complete set of 4.7 CDs, you should be able to install
the package using /stand/sysinstall, or install the ports collection,
and run "cd /usr/ports/net/netatalk && make install && make clean".

If you want to run the latest and greatest version from ports, you can
update your ports collection with cvsup, which is explained in the
Handbook:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html

If you have specific trouble with the net/netatalk port, you should get
in touch with it's maintainer (the MAINTAINER= line in the port's
Makefile), or ask on freebsd-ports at freebsd.org.

HTH,
Stefan

--