ymessenger port broken on -current

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at attbi.com
Sun Apr 13 15:22:30 PDT 2003

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 12:58:22PM -0800, Scott R. wrote:
> [Please cc me in any replies as I'm not currently subscribed to this
> list.  Thank you.]
>
> Hello,
>
> I searched through the archives and found that someone else had this
> same problem, but no resolution was really offered and I'm hoping
> someone here can help me.  I installed ymessenger from ports and now
> whenever I try to run it, I get:
>
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.4: Undefined symbol
> "stpcpy"
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?  I tried reinstalling
> gettext and compat4x and then reinstalling ymessenger but no joy.

Hi,

I discovered the same problem.  I couldn't figure out a proper
fix for it.  I tried recompiling compat4x and gettext ports, but
it didn't help.

This is what I did:

(1)  Create a file a.c with the following lines

char *stpcpy(char *dst, const char *src)
{
  int i=0;
  for(i=0; src[i] != 0; i++) {
     dst[i] = src[i];