pear-* packages

Thierry Thomas thierry at pompo.net
Sun Apr 6 09:48:46 PDT 2003

Le Dim  6 avr 03 à 18:27:33 +0200, Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser at bellavista.cz>
 écrivait :
> Hi there,

Hello,

> I created ports for two PEAR classes: pear-HTTP_Request and
> pear-Net_URL. The ports as such work just find, but I have a problem

Great!

> with the package target for them: pear(1) uses package.xml files bundled
> in the source tarballs to register installed classes in the PEAR
> registry, and I don't know how to get these xml files into the created
> package. As far as I can tell none of the existing PEAR packages
> register themselves properly in PEAR, probably for just this reason.

After a make extract, package.xml is extracted into ${WRKDIR}.

Actually, the existing PEAR packages register themselves! For example,
check sysutils/pear-Log, target post-install:

# Register a new package
     @${PEAR} install -r -f ${WRKDIR}/package.xml

and there is a pkg-deinstall to unregister it.
--
Th. Thomas.