pear-* packages

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at bellavista.cz
Sun Apr 6 09:27:39 PDT 2003

Hi there,

I created ports for two PEAR classes: pear-HTTP_Request and
pear-Net_URL. The ports as such work just find, but I have a problem
with the package target for them: pear(1) uses package.xml files bundled
in the source tarballs to register installed classes in the PEAR
registry, and I don't know how to get these xml files into the created
package. As far as I can tell none of the existing PEAR packages
register themselves properly in PEAR, probably for just this reason.

Has anyone (Edwin, Thierry) any idea?