Circle dependency in XFree86-4.3.0

Bjarne Wichmann Petersen kde.nospam at mekanix.dk
Fri Apr 4 11:27:03 PST 2003

On Friday 04 April 2003 19:03, Eric Anholt wrote:

> > > So, this circle must be broken somehow. I'd suggest removing
> > > fontScalable and fontEncodings from Xft RUN_DEPENDS
> > Thanks for pointing it out..this may be what is breaking the INDEX
> > builds.  I've forwarded your message on to the XFree86 maintainer.
> I had been copied in the original message.  However, it was an issue
> introduced in the Xft port and has already been fixed by marcus@

It looks like I've been severely bitten by Xft. Did a cvsup today which
included the Xft-2.1_4. Then I ran 'portsupgrade -urRa' which then upgraded
Xft, fontconfig and a few other ports (I try to keep my ports fairly
uptodate).

Then I couldn't run KDE 3.1 and re-cvsup'ed and have now Xft-2.1_5 installed,
but still can't run KDE. I get this error.

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.so.2: Undefined symbol
"FcInit"

Right now I've tried reinstalling
XFree86-libraries|fontScalable|fontEncodings, Xft, fontconfig without any
effect. So, before I go beserk and removes and reinstall every port and make
my computer unavailable for the next few days, what can do to fix the chaos
Xft have introduces?

Bjarne