Setting make options permanently (WITHOUT_GNOME, etc)

Dan Naumov dan.naumov at ofw.fi
Tue Apr 1 03:09:52 PST 2003

Hello

I've been wondering whether it is possible to make make (pardon the
wording) always use specific options. For example, I see that many ports
allow the user to set WITHOUT_GNOME or WITHOUT_X prior to building the
port.

1) Is there a definite list of these variables ?
2) Is it possible to somehow permanently set some of those variables so
that I wouldn't have to do that manually every time I want to update a
port ?

I've checked /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf and The HandBook, but
neither had any information on setting things like this up. Any ideas ?

Sincerely,
--
Dan Naumov <dan.naumov at ofw.fi>