AbiWord port and Gnome

Mezz bsdforums.org reigncracks at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 02:04:59 PST 2003

>Hello
>
>I've been wondering whether the AbiWord port is ever going to get a
>WITHOUT_GNOME option ? Many linux vendors offer both AbiWord-gnome and
>AbiWord-gtk packages. It'd be very nice if there was a WITHOUT_GNOME
>option in the FreeBSD port, as I don't want to install all that Gnome
>stuff on my system.

By default, AbiWord will not install any of extra Gnome1 stuff, unless you
already have install Gnome stuff (because of HAVE_GNOME:*). But, you still
can use -DWITHOUT_GNOME to avoid if you already have Gnome1 installed. If
you want to have Gnome1 support, but you don't have Gnome1 install then you
can use -DPACKAGE_BUILDING to build with Gnome1 options.

As for AbiWord2, you will need to use -DWITH_GNOME if you want to have the
Gnome2 support stuff.

Cheers,
Mezz