ports/165422: saslauthd 2.1.25 coredumps at Sendmail AUTH

Ajira Kimberly ajira at ajira.eu
Thu Feb 23 15:00:34 UTC 2012


>Number:         165422
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       saslauthd 2.1.25 coredumps at Sendmail AUTH
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Priority:       low
>Responsible:    freebsd-ports-bugs
>State:          open
>Quarter:        
>Keywords:       
>Date-Required:
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   current-users
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Feb 23 15:00:25 UTC 2012
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Ajira Kimberly
>Release:        FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p6
>Organization:
-
>Environment:
FreeBSD ams01.ajira.eu 8.2-RELEASE-p6 FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p6 #0: Thu Feb 16 13:34:41 CET 2012     root at ams01.ajira.eu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/AMS01  amd64

>Description:
I've followed the steps described in http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO...smtp-auth.html 1-on-1 to install and configure everything. saslauthd works fine when I test it with testsaslauthd but once I try to authenticate with sendmail, then saslauthd core-dumps.

Running the Daemon in debug mode with "/usr/local/sbin/saslauthd -a pam -d "reveals the follwing:

saslauthd[20109] :main            : num_procs  : 5
saslauthd[20109] :main            : mech_option: NULL
saslauthd[20109] :main            : run_path   : /var/run/saslauthd
saslauthd[20109] :main            : auth_mech  : pam
saslauthd[20109] :ipc_init        : using accept lock file: /var/run/saslauthd/mux.accept
saslauthd[20109] :detach_tty      : master pid is: 0
saslauthd[20109] :ipc_init        : listening on socket: /var/run/saslauthd/mux
saslauthd[20109] :main            : using process model
saslauthd[20109] :have_baby       : forked child: 20110
saslauthd[20110] :get_accept_lock : acquired accept lock
saslauthd[20109] :have_baby       : forked child: 20111
saslauthd[20109] :have_baby       : forked child: 20112
saslauthd[20109] :have_baby       : forked child: 20113
saslauthd[20110] :rel_accept_lock : released accept lock
saslauthd[20111] :get_accept_lock : acquired accept lock
saslauthd[20110] :do_auth         : auth success: [user=testuser] [service=imap] [realm=] [mech=pam]
saslauthd[20110] :do_request      : response: OK
saslauthd[20111] :rel_accept_lock : released accept lock
saslauthd[20112] :get_accept_lock : acquired accept lock
saslauthd[20109] :handle_sigchld  : child exited: 20111
saslauthd[20112] :rel_accept_lock : released accept lock
saslauthd[20113] :get_accept_lock : acquired accept lock
saslauthd[20109] :handle_sigchld  : child exited: 20112
saslauthd[20113] :rel_accept_lock : released accept lock
saslauthd[20110] :get_accept_lock : acquired accept lock
saslauthd[20109] :handle_sigchld  : child exited: 20113
saslauthd[20110] :rel_accept_lock : released accept lock
saslauthd[20109] :get_accept_lock : acquired accept lock
saslauthd[20109] :handle_sigchld  : child exited: 20110
saslauthd[20109] :rel_accept_lock : released accept lock
saslauthd[20109] :get_accept_lock : acquired accept lock
saslauthd[20109] :rel_accept_lock : released accept lock
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

As you can see, "testuser" authenticated just fine using testsaslauthd, yet the attempts using SMTP AUTH via Sendmail all resulted in child processes choking up, and eventually the whole Daemon core dumped.

If needed I can provide a core-dump file. 
>How-To-Repeat:
Any form of authentication via Sendmail causes saslauthd to crash. I've tested this on both FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p6 and FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE-p0.
>Fix:


>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:



More information about the freebsd-ports-bugs mailing list