ports/156954: archivers/lzo to be deprecated and expired
mandree at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 11 09:20:08 UTC 2011
>Synopsis: archivers/lzo to be deprecated and expired
>Arrival-Date: Wed May 11 09:20:07 UTC 2011
>Originator: Matthias Andree
>Release: FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE amd64
System: FreeBSD apollo.emma.line.org 8.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE #65: Fri Feb 25 01:47:50 CET 2011 toor at apollo.emma.line.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64
Six years after the release of lzo-2.00, I'd like to discontinue the
lzo-1.08 port, it has been obsolete since six years. The required
upstream changes are minor, and I hope most upstreams have measures in
place that their code supports lzo 2.00+ right out of the box.
The number of direct dependencies, according the the INDEX, is rather
concise, and given below, sorted by maintainer:
clsung: archivers/p5-Compress-LZO and archivers/p5-POE-Filter-LZO
Can I ask you to check if your port can be built with lzo2? Unless I
hear objections, I'll remove lzo-1 end of May 2011.
See archivers/lzop or security/openvpn for examples how to deal with the
default version to be picked up.
This is taken from LZO 2's changelog:
<http://www.oberhumer.com/opensource/lzo/lzonews.php> (between 2.00 and 1.08)
Upgrade instructions from LZO v1 to LZO v2:
* On 64-bit architectures, revisit all uses of lzo_uint.
* Adapt for the maximum expansion change of incompressible data.
* If you use the progress callback then adapt for the new interface.
* Use #include <lzo/lzoXXX.h> or adjust your include path.
* Check your code for use of deprecated macros. Add a
#define LZO_CFG_COMPAT if necessary.
* Other than that LZO v2 should be fully source-compatible with LZO v1.
Of course, the compressed data is fully compatible as well.
* Re-compile and re-link your application.
* Enjoy the improvements!
More details in the lzo 2.00 changelog entry.
More information about the freebsd-ports-bugs