ports/147942: Moinmoin sends wrong http header when in editor mode
peter.orlowski at tu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 17 13:20:03 UTC 2010
>Synopsis: Moinmoin sends wrong http header when in editor mode
>Arrival-Date: Thu Jun 17 13:20:02 UTC 2010
>Originator: Peter Orlowski
When I open the moinmoin editor in text mode, the web server sends the wrong charset in the Content-Type: http header field (Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1). This also applies to the preview mode of the gui editor.
The correct charset would be UTF-8, and if I explicitly tell my browser to use UTF-8, everything looks right.
This started after I did the following update:
moinmoin from 1.9.2_1 to 1.9.2_3
python from 2.6.4 to 2.6.5
apache from 2.2.14_5 to 2.2.15_9
I dont't know if this may be an upstream issue. Since there was no update in the moinmoin upstream version when the problem first occurred, I'd rather ask here first.
Open some wiki page in the text editor and look at any umlaut contained in that page. Note that the Character Encoding is wrong. Use the LiveHttpHeaders firefox plugin to confirm that the charset is set to ISO-8859-1 in the http header, although the html is UTF-8 encoded.
I can work around the issue by either setting
instead of ISO-8859-1 in the apache configuration, or by inserting
request.content_type = "text/html; charset=utf-8"
into line 92 of
More information about the freebsd-ports-bugs