ports/142841: Transmission torrent client crashes while uploading torrents through web interface
ggg_mail at inbox.ru
Thu Jan 14 22:30:05 UTC 2010
>Synopsis: Transmission torrent client crashes while uploading torrents through web interface
>Arrival-Date: Thu Jan 14 22:30:03 UTC 2010
>Originator: Rechistov Grigory
FreeBSD fmdream.campus 7.2-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE-p4 #0: Fri Oct 2 12:21:39 UTC 2009 root at i386-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386
Quite often (but not every time) when I use web interface to Transmission torrent client to upload a .torrent the application crashes, leaving a coredump.
1. Start transmission, enter settings, enable web interface.
2. From a remote machine in a browser open web-page of that web interface.
3. There is a button "Add" in the top side of the page, press it.
4. A file upload dialog appears. Choose "upload a local file", point it to some .torrent that you have received previously from some forum etc. Press "Upload".
5. You can use URL edit field to specify the network location of a .torrent file, the crash is also likely to happen.
6. There is a certain probability, which is quite high, that after this the web page stops responding, refreshing it leads to message "remote server error".
7. Inspection of transmission application show that it just crashed.
None is known. You have to avoid using web interface uploading feature.
More information about the freebsd-ports-bugs