ports/96751: [MAINTAINER] mail/MailScanner: update to 4.53.7
j.koopmann at seceidos.de
Thu May 4 06:50:19 UTC 2006
>Synopsis: [MAINTAINER] mail/MailScanner: update to 4.53.7
>Arrival-Date: Thu May 04 06:50:17 GMT 2006
>Originator: Jan-Peter Koopmann
>Release: FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE i386
System: FreeBSD services.intern.seceidos.de 4.9-STABLE FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE #0: Mon Jan 5 10:56:46 CET
- Update to 4.53.7
3/5/2006 New in Version 4.53.7-1
* New Features and Improvements *
- Attachment extraction now checks for available disk space and a DoS attack
using messages with high expansion ratios will fail even quicker than it
- Added new setting "SpamAssassin Local State Dir" to support the sa-update
tool provided with MailScanner these days, to provide a way of auto-
updating the core SpamAssassin rulesets. The default value is set to what
you need for Linux (/var/lib).
- Added new cron job to run sa-update every night. The location of the
sa-update program is read from /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner.
- Added support for new header -H file format in Exim 4.61.
- Added 2 new configuration options "Gunzip Command" and "Gunzip Timeout" to
enable unpacking of gzip-ed files for filename and filetype checking.
Even if this is disabled, gzip-ed files will still be virus scanned.
- Added support for numerical entries in phishing.safe.sites.conf file.
- Added support for optional multipliers in numbers in MailScanner.conf.
So you can now write "50M" instead of "50000000". The multipliers supported
are "k", "m" and "g" to denote 1 thousand, 1 million and 1 billion (10^9)
in upper or lower case.
You must *not* put any spaces between the number and the multiplier character.
- Added a new configuration option "Ignored Web Bug Filenames". This allows
you to whitelist a bunch of filenames that can appear in the URLs of
potential web bugs. So if you decide that all potential web bugs with
"spacer" or "pixel.gif" in the filename are just padding for page layout,
then you can make it ignore them by adding them to this list. A sample
list is provided in MailScanner.conf.
This is disabled by default, as spammers may start to use this as a means
of circumventing the Web Bug trap.
- When Web Bugs are disarmed, the URL used to replace the original web bug
can now be set using the new configuration option "Web Bug Replacement".
If this is not specified, then the old value of "MailScannerWebBug" is used.
The default value supplied in the MailScanner.conf file is the address of
an untracked 1x1 pixel transparent gif (51 bytes) hosted on the MailScanner
web site. This will not be tracked other than to supply an overall count of
the number of hits this image gets, for overall statistical purposes.
- Added Razor2 to the list of plugins automatically enabled by the ClamAV+SA
easy-to-install package, due to the recent change in licence. Now if DCC
could go the same way...
- Updated Catalan translations.
* Fixes *
- Fixed bug in DoS attack handler. Thanks for Jorge for this.
- Commented out setting of "SpamAssassin Local State Dir" in MailScanner.conf.
Generated with FreeBSD Port Tools 0.63
Download patch here:
Sorry, it was rather big hence the download.
More information about the freebsd-ports-bugs