ports/52159: updates to pr:ports/52130 and pr:ports/52132unnececary files in shar output
kay_lehmann at web.de
Fri Nov 14 07:30:25 UTC 2003
The following reply was made to PR ports/52159; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: Kay Lehmann <kay_lehmann at web.de>
To: Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/52159: updates to pr:ports/52130 and pr:ports/52132 unnececary
files in shar output
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:21:59 +0100
Mark Linimon schrieb:
> This PR referenced two other separate PRs. The first
> was closed by kris on Sat Nov 1 17:18:55 PST 2003 after
> not having gotten a response from the submitter about
> the state of build problems with the proposed port. So,
> if if the submitter is still interested in adding that
> port (sysutils/klineakconfig), it should now be submitted
> as an entirely new PR.
> The second is still pending; I have taken the liberty of
> copying the comments from here into that one.
> In the future, it would help us ports committers to be
> less confused if submitters could keep each "update" PR
> particular to one port. In fact, this PR really could have
> been done instead as two separate followups to the existing
> PRs, rather than as a new PR itself; that would be
> preferable in the future.
> All of this is just "for future reference".
Sorry, I am not that experienced in handling pr's, but hope to learn it.
I just want to explain, why I did this confusing thing.
First I had some problems with copy and paste within my shar-outputs, so
I had to correct I think 3 or 4 pr and I thought it would be better not
to send to much pr's.
Second problem with klineakconfig was, that I responded but I did not
CC'd to gnats because I thought I will get an answer from Will. I didn't
CC to gnats either because of the same reason like above. I just wanted
to lower traffic to gnats.
But now I know that both were wrong, but I praise I will try to make it
better net time. Thanks for note. It's always good to learn.
More information about the freebsd-ports-bugs