ports/49066: lost tarball for security/saint
Yonatan at xpert.com
Wed Apr 2 13:03:24 UTC 2003
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Edwin Groothuis [mailto:edwin at FreeBSD.org]
> Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 13:51
> To: Yonatan Bokovza; edwin at FreeBSD.org; freebsd-ports-bugs at FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: ports/49066: lost tarball for security/saint
> Synopsis: lost tarball for security/saint
> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> State-Changed-By: edwin
> State-Changed-When: Wed Apr 2 02:50:29 PST 2003
> Tarball seems to be gone from that site too.
> This port seems only for people who stil have the source, not for
> general public anymore.
Grab it while you can:
And mirror it on the FTP site please.
www.saintcorporation.com now sells saint for measly $448 for the
first year, no less...
Some of it carries this license:
$ head src/yp-chk/yp.x
* Sun RPC is a product of Sun Microsystems, Inc. and is provided for
* unrestricted use provided that this legend is included on all tape
* media and as a part of the software program in whole or part. Users
* may copy or modify Sun RPC without charge, but are not authorized
* to license or distribute it to anyone else except as part of a product or
* program developed by the user.
* SUN RPC IS PROVIDED AS IS WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING THE
* WARRANTIES OF DESIGN, MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
blah blah blah.
>From the man page (visible with vi, not with man):
.\" Copyright (c) 2000-2002 SAINT Corporation
.\" All rights reserved.
.\" Portions Copyright (c) Dan Farmer and Wietse Venema.
.\" SAINT is released under the original SATAN license.
And my brain hurts, I don't feel like checking "the original
SATAN license". So I guess we have to talk with them and see
if maintaining this port is legal.
Technical Support saint at saintcorporation.com
Customer Service customer_service at saintcorporation.com
Billing Questions billing at saintcorporation.com
Corporate Inquiries info at saintcorporation.com
More information about the freebsd-ports-bugs