[FreeBSD-Ports-Announce] [ANNOUNCEMENT] pkg 1.3.0 out!

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 23 14:44:24 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm very please to announce the release of pkg 1.3.0
This version is the result of almost 9 month of hard work

Here are the statistics for the version:
- 373 files changed, 66973 insertions(+), 38512 deletions(-)
- 29 different contributors

Please not that for the first time I'm not the main contributor, and I would
like to particularly thanks Vsevold Stakhov for all the hard work he has done to
allow us to get this release out. I would like also to give a special thanks to
Andrej Zverev for the tons of hours spending on testing and cleaning the bug
tracker!

So much has happened that it is hard to summarize so I'll try to highlight the
major points:
- New solver, now pkg has a real SAT solver able to automatically handle
  conflicts and dynamically discover them. (yes pkg set -o is deprecated now)
- pkg install now able to install local files as well and resolve their
  dependencies from the remote repositories
- Lots of parts of the code has been sandboxed
- Lots of rework to improve portability
- Package installation process has been reworked to be safer and handle properly
  the schg flags
- Important modification of the locking system for finer grain locks
- Massive usage of libucl
- Simplification of the API
- Lots of improvements on the UI to provide a better user experience.
- Lots of improvements in multi repository mode
- pkg audit code has been moved into the library
- pkg -o A=B that will overwrite configuration file from cli
- The ui now support long options
- The unicity of a package is not anymore origin
- Tons of bug fixes
- Tons of behaviours fixes
- Way more!

Thank you to all contributors:
Alberto Villa, Alexandre Perrin, Andrej Zverev, Antoine Brodin, Brad Davis,
Bryan Drewery, Dag-Erling Smørgrav, Dmitry Marakasov, Elvira Khabirova, Jamie
Landeg Jones, Jilles Tjoelker, John Marino, Julien Laffaye, Mathieu Arnold,
Matthew Seaman, Maximilian Gaß, Michael Gehring, Michael Gmelin, Nicolas Szalay,
Rodrigo Osorio, Roman Naumann, Rui Paulo, Sean Channel, Stanislav E. Putrya,
Vsevolod Stakhov, Xin Li, coctic

Regards,
Bapt on behalf of the pkg@