I run poudriere - what do I need to do once ports switch over to git?

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Wed Apr 7 09:11:58 UTC 2021

> Am 09.02.2021 um 19:35 schrieb Matthew Seaman <matthew at FreeBSD.org>:
>
> On 09/02/2021 15:41, Rainer Duffner wrote:
>> Hi,
>> subject says it all, basically.
>> Do I have to re-checkout the ports-trees?
>> What about going to FreeBSD 13, which supposedly(?) has base-packages?
>
> Essentially, yes.  You will need to create a new ports tree which pulls from the FreeBSD git and tweak your poudriere setup to use that instead of your original SVN-based setup. eg.
>
>   poudriere ports -c -p ports-git -m git -B main
>
> (Or delete your original ports tree and re-create it from git using the same name for simplicity.)
>
> Alternatively you can clone the ports from git separately and then tell poudriere to null-mount it into the build jails.  That means you can eg. use worktrees to check out different branches from a single copy of the repo, and map those onto poudriere.  Effectively it allows you to have full control over your local git repo rather than letting poudriere do its usual thing.
>
> FreeBSD-13 does have base system packages available -- I /think/ there has been some work on building them via poudriere, but I don't know what the status of that is.  You can pretty easily just checkout /usr/src and then run `make buildworld buildkernel packages` which will create a repository under /usr/obj -- either use that as a 'file' based repo, or point nginx at it.  Probably best to play with base system packages on a throw-away VM before trying to use it on anything important: until you've got it properly fettled, there's a risk of stomping all over important files like /etc/passwd
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew

Hi,

this does not work:

root at bsd1-build-prod:~ # poudriere ports -cvv -B branches/2021Q2 -m git -p 2021Q2
=>> Debug: Reading /usr/local/etc/poudriere.conf
[00:00:01] Creating 2021Q2 fs at /usr/local/poudriere/ports/2021Q2... done
[00:00:01] Cloning the ports tree...Cloning into '/usr/local/poudriere/ports/2021Q2'...
warning: Could not find remote branch branches/2021Q2 to clone.
fatal: Remote branch branches/2021Q2 not found in upstream origin
[00:00:01] Error:  fail
[00:00:01] Error while creating ports tree, cleaning up.
root at bsd1-build-prod:~ # pkg info poudriere
poudriere-3.3.6
Name           : poudriere
Version        : 3.3.6
Installed on   : Tue Jan  5 09:33:28 2021 CET
Origin         : ports-mgmt/poudriere
Architecture   : FreeBSD:12:amd64
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : ports-mgmt
Licenses       : BSD2CLAUSE
Maintainer     : bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
WWW            : https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/wiki
Comment        : Port build and test system
Options        :
        BASH           : on
        CERTS          : on
        DIALOG4PORTS   : on
        EXAMPLES       : on
        QEMU           : off
        ZSH            : on
Annotations    :
        FreeBSD_version: 1202000
        repo_type      : binary
        repository     : EveryWare
Flat size      : 2.23MiB
Description    :
poudriere is a tool primarily designed to test package production on
FreeBSD. However, most people will find it useful to bulk build ports
for FreeBSD.

WWW: https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/wiki

Rainer