poudriere and ready packages

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Sun May 10 16:59:13 UTC 2020

On 10/05/2020 03:21, Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Sat, May 09, 2020 at 09:34:52AM +0700, Victor Sudakov wrote:
>> Have I asked about something impossible?
>>
>>> Is there a way to configure poudriere to download some binary packages
>> >from another repo, instead of building them all?
>
> I've never seen anyone do a writeup on how to do it.
>
> From the lack of discussion over the years, I assume that very few people
> have even tried this.

Not many people trying it, but more than zero.

What you are looking for is call 'package seeding'.  Unfortunately, it
is not readily available in poudriere yet.  There is this pull request:

https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/pull/554

and this issue on github:

https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/issues/319

	Cheers,