Raspberry Pi3+ FreeBSD | MySQL57 package

Walter Parker walterp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 04:07:08 UTC 2019

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 4:16 AM Tilly <bsdpkg at cloudzeeland.nl> wrote:

> Dear port maintainer(s),
>
> Just ran into an issue installing the Mysql57-server package.
> Due to installation issue I deleted the port from my system and
> reinstalled it.
> Unfortunatelty the /root/.secret_password file is missing so that I
> cannot login after installation.
> I tried numerous solutions to solve this, but unfortunaly I get stuck
> every time I want to change the root password from installation.
>
> Can you pls tell me how to solve this issue?
>
> thanks for your support

Have you tried the options listed the MySQL page ?

> https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/resetting-permissions.html

Then put your new password in the .secret file.

Also check out

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/mysqladmin.html

Last time I did this I started the MySQL binary by hand (not with the
service script)

Walter
--
The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of
zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.   -- Justice Louis D. Brandeis