poudriere sets

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 24 09:17:23 UTC 2017

On 24/07/2017 04:52, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> If I want to have two different sets, "-z foo" and "-z bar" with
> exactly the same build options but different make.conf variables,
> is a symlink from /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/foo-options to
> /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/bar-options a good idea?

That should work fine.  I've used this trick without problems.

Or if all your different package sets should use the same options, then
don't have any /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/{$set}-options directories,
but only a /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/options directory.

> I don't see any references to the set name inside the
> /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/*-options/*/options files, so there should
> be no problem, right? It won't break anything, will it?

I also linked /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/options to /var/db/options when
I first started using poudriere.  I thought I'd want to build the
occasional port outside of poudriere at the time, and wanted to keep the
same options if I did.  Turns out that I never really need to do that
now, but it does have one small benefit.  I can just run 'make options'
in my ports tree, and it sets options for the poudriere builds.

	Cheers,

	Matthew