poudriere suggestions

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Fri Apr 28 11:42:28 UTC 2017

Hello.
I noticed recently that you guys implemented the "set source-path" option (-S) for jail creation; thanks a bunch for that tweak.

I have some questions about other poudriere functions:

* Does poudriere do incremental fetch of source file diffs or does it download the whole thing from scratch? I seem to remember that it can be incremental?

* There's a cache folder under poudriere/data, full of  package files but all 3B in size. What's the purpose for this?

* Some ports have no option flags and they take extremely long (6+ hours)to build (prime example is the webkit-gtk2/3 ports). Might there be a "fetch-only" list in poudriere for such ports?

* The build que optimization in poudriere might consider port build length as a parameter, so that all build jails get full usage. I sometimes see 2 or 3 jails idle because poudriere is waiting on an ongoing build, whereas the port in question could have been built much sooner in the process but smaller ports had been queued.

Thanks

--
FreeBSD_amd64_12-Current_RadeonKMS
Please CC my email when responding, mail from list is not delivered.