pkg fails to compile

Sin sinister at gmail.com
Thu May 26 16:26:08 UTC 2016

Here's how I've been trying to upgrade it, if there's another way I'd like
to know:

root at EIGHT:/usr/ports # cd ports-mgmt/pkg
root at EIGHT:/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg # make
===>  Building for pkg-1.8.3
/usr/bin/make  all-recursive
Making all in compat
Making all in external
/usr/bin/make  all-recursive
Making all in blake2
Making all in libpkg
Making all in repo
Making all in binary
Making all in .
CC       libpkg_la-pkg_add.lo
pkg_add.c: In function 'set_attrs':
pkg_add.c:214: warning: passing argument 1 of 'getcwd' from incompatible
pointer type
pkg_add.c:237: warning: passing argument 1 of 'chdir' from incompatible
pointer type
pkg_add.c: In function 'fill_timespec_buf':
pkg_add.c:287: error: 'const struct stat' has no member named 'st_atim'
pkg_add.c:288: error: 'const struct stat' has no member named 'st_atim'
pkg_add.c:289: error: 'const struct stat' has no member named 'st_mtim'
pkg_add.c:290: error: 'const struct stat' has no member named 'st_mtim'
*** Error code 1
1 error
*** Error code 1
1 error
*** Error code 1
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
===> Compilation failed unexpectedly.
Try to set MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes and rebuild before reporting the failure to
the maintainer.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg.

root at EIGHT:/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg # pkg upgrade pkg
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Your packages are up to date.

root at EIGHT:/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg # pkg -v
1.5.5

Also try using " MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes  " , same error, also tried " make
install clean ", same error message.

This is also the same error aftrer rebuilding the entire Freebsd 8 and
upgrading to stable, then rebuilding kernel + world and then latest portsnap
fetch of the ports tree on a seperate test machine.