broken poudriere with CCACHE

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Tue May 24 17:42:43 UTC 2016

On Tue, 24 May 2016, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> On 05/24/16 14:37, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
> > 10-stable at amd64
> >
> > recently (coincident with pkg 1.8.3?) my poudriere starts failing with enabled
> > ccache even with totally clean /var/db/ccache hierarchy. ports failing list
> > begins with textproc/expat2 and ftp/curl, for example.
> >

> > Disabling ccache support (can it be done in other way than commenting
> > out CCACHE_DIR id poudriere.conf BTW?) helps
> >
> > Any hints?
> >

> It's probably not pkg-1.8.3 but poudriere-devel-3.1.99.20160520 (or
> thereabouts).  The default was changed to build as non-root.  This is
> fine, except that you now need to chown your ccache to nobody:nobody so
> that it's writable by the userid doing the compilation.

Yes, that's exactly this. chown -r nobody:nobody $CACHE_DIR/{[0-9],tmp} fixes
the situation.

This should be possibly documented somewhere -- neither at man page nor
Handbook contain any reference to that...

Thanks!

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]