FreeBSD Port: ports-mgmt/pkg

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 24 11:13:06 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 12:51:04PM +0300, spin at abi.ck.ua wrote:
> Hello.
>
> System: FreeBSD 8.4-STABLE #0 r258868M: Tue Dec  3 18:11:24 EET 2013
> I've got problem with making a  new packages for pkg 1.8.3
> I cannot make a new pkg, and unsafe also with err.
> See attached files for make and make unsafe for pkg_1.8.3
>
> Thanks for any help

FreeBSD 8 does not support the fields required for POSIX 2008 compliance.

I have made a fix in the git repository:
https://github.com/freebsd/pkg/commit/f76d3e671969b98bbee4598f21e0874a8961c1d4

I will merge it to the release branch after more testings.

Please also notes that FreeBSD 8 has been EOLed for almost a year now.

Best regards,
Bapt