pkg rquery - --repository option

Meyer, Wolfgang wolfgang.meyer at hob.de
Wed May 18 10:03:26 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have a question concerning the --repository switch of the pkg rquery command.

The man page states:
-r      reponame, --repository reponame
                 Query for data about packages from only the named repository,
                 irrespective of the configured ``active'' status from
                 repo.conf.  By default all repository catalogues marked
                 ``active'' are queried.

I assumed that the "active" status was controlled by the "enabled" switch in the config file for my (custom) repository. But that seems not to be the case. So my question is, is there a possibility to act on a custom repository that is not "enabled" (in order to not interfere with the standard FreeBSD repository that is used to install software on the system)? The man page suggests the --repository to be this possibilty but it does not seem to work (although I thought it had worked that way at some time, but memories can be erroneous).

Regards,
Wolfgang

________________________________

Follow HOB:

- HOB: http://www.hob.de/redirect/hob.html
- Xing: http://www.hob.de/redirect/xing.html
- LinkedIn: http://www.hob.de/redirect/linkedin.html
- HOBLink Mobile: http://www.hob.de/redirect/hoblinkmobile.html
- Facebook: http://www.hob.de/redirect/facebook.html
- Twitter: http://www.hob.de/redirect/twitter.html
- YouTube: http://www.hob.de/redirect/youtube.html
- E-Mail: http://www.hob.de/redirect/mail.html

HOB GmbH & Co. KG
Schwadermuehlstr. 3
D-90556 Cadolzburg

Geschaeftsfuehrung: Klaus Brandstaetter, Zoran Adamovic

AG Fuerth, HRA 5180
Steuer-Nr. 218/163/00107
USt-ID-Nr. DE 132747002

Komplementaerin HOB electronic Beteiligungs GmbH
AG Fuerth, HRB 3416