pkgs want to go to mariadb, customer does not....

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at digiware.nl
Thu May 21 11:46:01 UTC 2015

On 21/05/2015 12:41, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 12:21:12PM +0200, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
>> Hoi,
>>
>> In upgrading clamav I run into:
>> pkg: mariadb53-client-5.3.12_6 conflicts with mysql-client-5.1.67
>> (installs files into the same place).  Problematic file:
>> /usr/local/bin/mysql
>>
>> Which I understand since it seems that nowadays the default DB of choice
>> is MariaDB.
>>
>> But since that requires a lot of required testing, I'd rather not
>> upgrade....
>>
>> Now is there any incantation in pkg, pkg.conf, <etc>
>> to tell pkg that I'd like to stay with mysql-client?
>>
> That means one of your ports have switched to mariadb-client there is not yet
> any provides/requires on mysql/mariadb so one cannot replace another without
> rebuilding the packages.
>
> You will have to find our what is pulling mariadb pkg -o DEBUG_LEVEL=4 might be
> helpful to figure out can you post it? (same upgrade command with -o
> DEBUG_LEVEL=4)

Hi Bapt,

I was in a hurry, so I went 'portupgrade clamav' which did the job
without any questions.... So running the debug stuff is not possible in
the current situation. There is nothing installed that triggers:
	pkg info | grep maria
Perhaps you have other "tools/tricks" to get some more info out of this?

(upgrade because of a security issue)
As far as I can remember is the upgrade to clamav-0.98.7 the first to
ask for mariadb-client, on this system.
And it is against the std freebsd 10 packages repo.

That said, I remember to have run into other packages that would like
mariadb stuff. But I'm not sure which ones they were, just hammered over
it like I did now. But this is a system which has not been polluted with
my own repo. Just ports building until I recently upgraded the system to
10.1, and started using pkg for ports-maintenance.

Regards,
--WjW