Please help regarding usage of client certifcates with pkg command used on freeBSD

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at freebsd.org
Mon Jan 19 11:07:43 UTC 2015

January 1 2015 8:09 AM, "Mohit Hasija" <mh00122988 at techmahindra.com> wrote:
> Dear Pkg port Manager,
>
> We intend to use client certificates for https authentication during retreival of a package from a
> custom repository built at remote location.
>
> We want to know the following:
>
> 1.Is there inbuilt support for usage of client certifcates with "pkg" comamnd on freeBSD 10.1
> release?
>
> In case Yes, how can we use the client certifcates with pkg on freeBSD?
>
> In case No, how can we add support to pkg with minimal effrts for using client certifcates?
>
> Awaiting an early reply...
>
> regards
>
> Mohit Hasija
> Mobile No.: +91-9958302266

pkg(8) is using libfetch to handle http(s) and I'm not sure libfetch does support such feature.

Adding such feature to libfetch would be great but that would also means it will not find its way to FreeBSD 10.1 as FreeBSD 10.1 is already released.

FYI: I added pkg at FreeBSD.org to CC as it is the right list to discuss such things.

Best regards,
Bapt