old dependency bug reappears

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 19 10:37:17 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 06:13:34PM -0700, Andy Balholm wrote:
> Since pkg upgraded itself to version 1.5.1, it seems to think that i386-wine-devel is a dependency of almost everything. So when I try to install ruby or git (for example), it tries to install Wine as well. This happened last year (see https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/pkg-discrepancy.47531/ <https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/pkg-discrepancy.47531/>), and it seems that it has happened again.

Yes this is because i386-wine* are exposing libraries they should not I have
been asking the maintainer (in CC) to add the nessary knob in those ports.

It has "disappeared" before because it was just deactivated but the code that
result it that is "provides/requires", we need so much that feature that we
could not keep it deactivated any longer

David can you please add the BUNDLE_LIBS as soon as possible please?!

Andy a workaround for you would be install gettex-runtime first (this is what
from ruby and git is bringing i386-wine) and then install git/ruby

pkg install -A gettext-runtime

Sorry for inconvenience

Best regards,
Bapt