perl version woe

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 17 10:02:05 UTC 2015

On 2015/04/17 10:42, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> No, I don't have multiple repositories. But, as I said before, I have
> inherited this host, and it has been updated via portmaster
> (WITH_PKGNG of course). The sets of options in my repositories and in
> the host's /var/db/ports differ significantly.

'Locally compiled' effectively counts as 'from a different repository'

One of these days we'll get it so that pkg(8) can just install what it
wants out of a locally available copy of the ports by compiling on
demand.  There's been some preliminary work towards that, but nowhere
near ready to go yet.  For starters, it will need some quite sweeping
changes to the ports.

	Cheers,

	Matthew