Share your pkg aliases

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 06:39:45 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 5:12 PM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Apr 2015, Sergey V. Dyatko wrote:
>
>  On Fri, 3 Apr 2015 20:15:29 -0700
>> Kevin Oberman <rkoberman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  And I  keep meaning to write a tcsh completion script for pkg. Maybe I'll
>>> get to at least a basic one next week. I see that bash completion scripts
>>> are quite different, but I'll see if the _pkg.bash file can at least get
>>> me
>>> started. It does more than I'd probably get done in the first pass.
>>> --
>>> Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
>>> E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com
>>>

>> Long time ago I started to do that:
>> https://github.com/yoursbofh/pkgng-tcsh/blob/master/dot.cshrc_pkg
>> but ENOTIME and so on :) I would be very glad if someone will continue
>>

> This does some of it.  More would be welcome.  Sorry about the wrap:
>
>   set pkgcmds=(help add annotate audit autoremove backup check clean
> convert create delete fetch info install lock plugins \
>                         query register repo rquery search set shell shlib
> stats unlock update updating upgrade version which)
>
>   alias __pkgs  'pkg info -q'
>   # aliases that show lists of possible completions including both package
> names and options
>   alias __pkg-check-opts        '__pkgs | xargs echo -B -d -s -r -y -v -n
> -a -i g x'
>   alias __pkg-del-opts          '__pkgs | xargs echo -a -D -f -g -i -n -q
> -R -x -y'
>   alias __pkg-info-opts         '__pkgs | xargs echo -a -A -f -R -e -D -g
> -i -x -d -r -k -l -b -B -s -q -O -E -o -p -F'
>   alias __pkg-which-opts        '__pkgs | xargs echo -q -o -g'
>
>   complete pkg          'p/1/$pkgcmds/' \
>                         'n/check/`__pkg-check-opts`/' \
>                         'N/check/`__pkgs`/' \
>                         'n/delete/`__pkg-del-opts`/' \
>                         'N/delete/`__pkgs`/' \
>                         'n/help/$pkgcmds/' \
>                         'n/info/`__pkg-info-opts`/' \
>                         'N/info/`__pkgs`/' \
>                         'n/which/`__pkg-which-opts`/' \
>                         'N/which/`__pkgs`/'

Thank you! You seem to have done almost exactly what I had started on and
was planning on. I will try to add come of the commands still not handled
and update some that are. (Where is my copy of "csh and tcsh"?) I will be
moving in two weeks and I may have already packed it up.)

--
Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com