[CFT] Call for testing pkg 1.5.0

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Fri Apr 3 15:07:21 UTC 2015

On 03/31/2015 15:03, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We just released pkg 1.5.0 beta1 (in ports-mgmt/pkg-devel),
>
> Please test and report as much bugs as you can!
> We could be very grateful if regressions tests could be provided along with the
> bug reports :)
>
> Plan is to release 1.5.0 as soon as possible
>
> Best regards,
> Bapt

When the rapid cycle of bugreport-> fix slows down in the RC stage,
could you give a heads up and ETA before final release (2-3 weeks?)
I will probably be out of town for this release but my inclinations to
test are rising.  In the past, the final release came very quickly after
a number of reported bugs were fixed.  Fortunately 1.4.0 was good.  I
feel the late RC stage needs a short announced period of a week or more
to let risk-averse testers know that it is worthwhile to start testing
without concern of almost daily fixes.  Thanks.