Does pkg check signatures?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 12:10:30 UTC 2014

On 01/14/14 11:59, Yuri wrote:
> In October announcement has been made that pkg-1.2 will support package
> signing:
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-pkg/2013-October/000107.html
> Now I am running 'pkg install' using pkg-1.2.5 on 9.2, and don't see it
> opening any files related to keys/signatures in ktrace log.

pkg is fully capable of checking cryptographic signatures if configured
to do so.  Specifically you need 'signature-type' and 'fingerprints'
defined in your repo.conf

Try using the standard /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf available here:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf?view=log

and the public key in /usr/share/keys/pkg available here:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/share/keys/pkg/trusted/pkg.freebsd.org.2013102301?view=log

	Cheers,

	Matthew