Installing bacula-server with PostgreSQL 9.2

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 3 06:00:35 UTC 2014

On 03/04/2014 02:11, Steven Schlansker wrote:
> [steven at d0028:~]% sudo pkg install -f bacula-server
> Updating repository catalogue
> The following 2 packages will be installed:
>
>         Installing postgresql90-client: 9.0.17
>         Installing bacula-server: 5.2.12_3
>
> The installation will require 11 MB more space
>
> Oh no!  I’m running postgresql92-client!

The dependency on postgresql90 is "baked into" the compiled package, and
it is not possible to use that package with a different version of
postgresql. Apart from anything else, any binaries are linked against
the specific ABI versions of shlibs provided by the postgresql client
package. 'pkg set -o' is not an answer in this case,

If you want to use a different version of postgresql, then you're going
to have to compile anything that links against the postgresql shlibs
yourself (ie. that depends on postgresql90-client).  It is possible to
run your own repo with just stuff that depends on postgresql and pull
down anything else from pkg.FreeBSD.org, but you will find your local
repo ends up containing more than locally built pkgs than is strictly
necessary -- ie. everything that those postgresql consuming pkgs depend
upon, even if those dependencies are themselves completely independent
of postgresql.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--