adding an additional block & gateway

Kajetan Staszkiewicz vegeta at tuxpowered.net
Sun Jun 21 14:43:44 UTC 2015

Dnia piątek, 19 czerwca 2015 11:38:10 Chuck @ Mantis pisze:
> Our data center responded to your question, here is the text:
>
> We can confirm that the new netblock is routed direct via your vlan as with
> your original netblock
>
> VLAN: vlan655-cbcbmedi-809, Created at: Mon Oct 20 13:42:05 2014
> 802.1Q Tag: 655, Internal index: 205, Admin State: Enabled, Origin: Static
> Layer 3 interface: vlan.655 (UP)
>   IPV4 addresses:
>                  60.34.75.209/28
>                  79.112.227.33/27
> Protocol: Port Mode, Mac aging time: 300 seconds
> Number of interfaces: Tagged 0 (Active = 0), Untagged  1 (Active = 1)
>        ge-5/0/20.0*, untagged, access

Just add another subnet and hosts in it (carp?) to the usual interface and use
the existing gateway, it should work just fine. Both gateways are the same
device which will happily accept traffic from any source.

Or start using real routing.

--
| pozdrawiam / greetings | powered by Debian, FreeBSD and CentOS |
|  Kajetan Staszkiewicz  | jabber,email: vegeta()tuxpowered net  |