pf state tracking??

Olaf de Bree odebree at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 00:45:09 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue i have with pf and tos
matching.

I wish to assign tos marked reply packets to an altq queue but i find that
when using the keep state option on a rule reply traffic is not inspected
and queued correctly because pf has a state for the request.

queuing should be performed out bound on the inside INT

EG

Client ----NO TOS----> Inside INT (PF) Outside INT
------------------------->Internet
           <-------------------------------TOS
MARKED---------------------------------

It works correctly when using no state but i would like to keep state so i
may also use dummy net pipes at patch from the pfsense project

Working

pass out on em0 inet from any to <beam50143> tos 0x60 no state label
"USER_RULE: Normal Beam 501 CVC 43" queue q50143n

Not working

pass out on em0 inet from any to <beam50143> tos 0x60 keep state label
"USER_RULE: Normal Beam 501 CVC 43" queue q50143n

Is there any way to override PF's behaviour to inspect the reply traffic
and classify it correctly

Thanks in advance
Olaf