Can we use ALTQ and PF to modify packets which acts as a bridge in my testing environment?

Peter N. M. Hansteen peter at bsdly.net
Sun Sep 22 12:47:59 UTC 2013

roshan david <roshandavid70 at gmail.com> writes:

> Right now i am using dummynet and ipfw as my traffic shaper, I want to know
> wheather ALTQ with PF can be used to modify packets,if yes what is the pf
> ruleset to modify packet?

It's not clear to me what it is you're tryint to achieve. PF with ALTQ
is certainly capable of traffic shaping.

The FreeBSD Handbook's PF part recently grew a bit, and it might even
have material or references to point you in the right direction -
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls-pf.html
and look for section "30.4.6 PF Rule Sets and Tools"

- Peter

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/