pf -v- cached imap connections in Thunderbird on windows

Patrick Lamaiziere patfbsd at davenulle.org
Fri Sep 6 08:30:40 UTC 2013

Le Fri, 6 Sep 2013 00:49:50 +0100,
Lisa Muir <34.24.34 at gmail.com> a écrit :

Hello,

> I believe that PF has killed the cached connection, and when TB tries
> to talk through it, it patiently wait for an answer.
>
> I've looked at the
> set timeout option value
> directive for pf, but cannot determind it is what I want.

Do not change this if you don't know. Instead check the number of
states, and increase it. By default the time-out is auto-adaptive and is
decreased when the number of free states is low.

# pfctl -sinfo
Interface Stats for all               IPv4             IPv6
  Bytes In                  23874479976647        412340231

State Table                          Total             Rate
  current entries                   191268    <=====

# pfctl -smem
states        hard limit  1000000
src-nodes     hard limit    10000