packet tagging

Nomad Esst noname.esst at yahoo.com
Thu May 9 12:44:54 UTC 2013

> > Should the system act as a bridge in order to do the tagging or is it

> > (bridge) just used to do the tagging regardless of the system rule?
>
> You can tag packets on incoming and filter on the tags later in your
> ruleset in non-bridge configurations too. But of course bridges have
> their own tagging and filtering facilities that may be combined with PF
> features.

I want filter packets based on their MAC address. After many hours of googling I found out that such filtering is done via bridge. I just want to know are there any ways besides this??? I also found these patches which are to old an I could not apply them on my FBSD 8.2 ....
Any suggestions? I'm so disappointed ...