current pf (freebsd 9.3) documentation

Peter N. M. Hansteen peter at bsdly.net
Sun Jun 23 12:56:46 UTC 2013

"Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler at tysdomain.com> writes:

> I was looking for some information on the freebsd pf flavor and haven't
> ran across much except for old mysterious rules that employ a lot of
> voodoo to keep people from portscanning, but which I'm told are actually
> wrong.
> Is there a good place to obtain pf docs?

The FreeBSD Handbook's PF chapter recently grew significantly, check
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls-pf.html
and go to the new section "31.4.6. PF Rule Sets and Tools". (Also, you
could do worse than buy the book, but I'll limit my plugging.)

- Peter
http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/