Was Re: PF bugs now PF reporting utility

Stan Gammons s_gammons at charter.net
Sat Jun 22 20:40:31 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-06-22 at 20:51 +0200, Nikos Vassiliadis wrote:
> It seems that people think that pf is unmaintained.
> Quite a disheartening thing for the person that did the hard work
> to create the smp-friendly pf in FreeBSD-10...

My apologies Nikos for thinking PF is not maintained.

I was hoping others here could point me to a sysutil that generates
reports for PF like Lire does for IPFilter and etc.  I had started work
on modifying one of the existing Lire dlf converters that would would
work with a PF log file that had been first processed through tcpdump.
But, I couldn't figure out the format tcpdump uses, so I haven't made
much progress.  Can someone here help with the format tcpdump uses on
FreeBSD or point me in the right direction?

Stan