PF NAT don't work

Andriy Bakay andriy at irbisnet.com
Fri Apr 20 01:11:09 UTC 2012

On 2012-04-19, at 02:54 , Константин Покровский wrote:

> hello
> when you can fix problem with PF nat rules (they didn't work)
> don't check on earlier versions FreeBSD,but on 9.0 not work
> this function very very need
> thx
>
> i have two eth
> eth0 - external
> eth1 - internal
> in pf.conf:
> nat on $ext_if proto udp from $vpn_ip port 1194 to any -> $ext_ip port 2000
> rdr on $ext_if proto udp from any to $ext_ip port 2000 -> $vpn_ip port 1194

I am not sure about '$ext_ip port 2000' condition in your NAT rule. Are you using any proxy? Why do you need to explicitly specify outgoing port? Make sure you have 'pass' rules for your RDR and NAT. Could you provide more info about you VPN setup?

As a general recommendation, you can always "debug" you ruleset with 'tcpdump' utility, for example:

$ sudo tcpdump -ttttnpei pflog0 <you_extra_filter>

Or you can use 'pftop' from ports.