panic loading/enabling pf on ARM RELENG_9

Florian Smeets flo at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 22 22:54:53 UTC 2011

On 23.10.11 00:06, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> I'm trying to bring up an old Gateworks GW2348 board and get a
> panic when I have enabled pf and try to load rules at boot...
>
> The only modifications between the AVILA config file and mine is
> adding the pf, pflog and pfsync devices since AVILA doesn't have
> them enabled by default, nor does it build the modules...  So I am
> trying to staticly build in pf...
>
> W/o pf, it boots fine.
>

> Oct 22 15:01:00 pflogd[678]: [priv]: msg PRIV_OPEN_LOG received
> Enabling pfpanic: mutex pf task mtx owned at /usr/src/sys/contrib/pf/net/if_pfsync.c:3163
> KDB: enter: panic

Please try the patches mentioned in this message
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?96FFF919-F33F-46FA-9249-92F2E6003ECF
there are additional fixes from glebius in head r226609 and r226623.

HTH,
Florian